Contact: 210-885-4731 or captkennysmith@gmail.com

Saturday, February 14, 2009

One day can change everything


I met Don Goodman, (the happy guy pictured above), on a fishing trip to Boca Paila some years ago. He is a DVM from Houston and recently bought a townhome that sits right on the bay in Laguna Vista. If you take more than five steps off his patio, you will be in calf deep water of some of the best fishing around. He came down to do some Vet. work and some fishing.
We launched his Hell's Bay Whipray out of Laguna Vista yesterday just a day after I had seen so many fish, it was ridiculous. (see my earlier post). More water had flooded into the bay and we had some wind.
The two places that were so good the day before were holding fish but not the numbers I had hoped. We ended up almost to the Arroyo and found a small herd of redfish hunkered down in a spot we had drifted past a couple of times. This time we drifted through the middle of them and hooked up consistently. On one occasion, we both got hits exactly at the same time. It wasn't until we decided to head back that I realized in the excitement I failed to take any pictures. Sorry about that, but look at him; he's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to see more? Check out my gallery

InshoreNearshore on Youtube

Kenny Smith | Freelance Photographer

**210-885-4731** captkennysmith@gmail.com

LINKS:

SaltyShores.com

Guides of Texas


All content on this site is protected by copyright. Usage available through license. Contact me for more information.