Contact: 210-885-4731 or captkennysmith@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring Fishing

It's almost always windy in south Texas, especially in spring. Checking the weather I saw that the first of this week was supposed to be light winds and bright sun and the tides were going to be low in the morning with a strong incoming. I emailed several of my friends and said the conditions are shaping up to be epic and Mike H. and Johnny Q. signed up. I had no idea how good it was going to be. We all caught reds on topwater poppers each morning and later in the day switched to a crab pattern in inches of water. I lost count of the number caught, missed and seen. We were so shallow that on more than one occasion we had to hop out to push the Maverick HPX-T off a hump.
On the third day we decided to change it up and headed up the Brownsville ship channel. We capped it off with a fat trout and a Texas snook along with a small jack and several lane snapper. Here are a few of the shots.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to see more? Check out my gallery

InshoreNearshore on Youtube

Kenny Smith | Freelance Photographer

**210-885-4731** captkennysmith@gmail.com

LINKS:

SaltyShores.com

Guides of Texas


All content on this site is protected by copyright. Usage available through license. Contact me for more information.