Contact: 210-885-4731 or captkennysmith@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chip Evans Flies

Chip Evans ties flies. Most of us that fly fish tie flies, but Chip can spin and pack deer hair so tight, it's scary.
I first saw one of his flies back in 2006 when Mike Munoz came down to fish and brought some with him. I posted a picture below showing one of several fish he caught using a diver. As you can see, the fish don't mess around, they EAT the fly.
I recently asked if he could make them on a bigger hook and today I had a package in my mail box with the fly tied on a 1/0 Gamakatsu SC15. Perfect for our saltwater fish.
Chip named these "redfish" flies but trout and snook love them too. I wanted white but he can make them in any color.

You NEED to have a few of these flies in your fly box. Hit the link to find out more about Chip and use the information from his card to contact him and order some.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to see more? Check out my gallery

InshoreNearshore on Youtube

Kenny Smith | Freelance Photographer

**210-885-4731** captkennysmith@gmail.com

LINKS:

SaltyShores.com

Guides of Texas


All content on this site is protected by copyright. Usage available through license. Contact me for more information.