Contact: 210-885-4731 or captkennysmith@gmail.com

Monday, May 14, 2012

Road Trip!



Many years ago I read a book titled “Bad Trips”.  It is by various top travel writers of the time who wrote a series of short stories described as, and I quote, “A sometimes terrifying, sometimes hilarious collection of writing on the perils of the road”.   I think it is out of print but you can get a used copy on Amazon
It’s a reminder that travel, or any endeavor worth pursuing, is anything but predictable.  And that’s why we do it.  Fishing, travel, sports and especially life can be planned for, contingences covered, details checked off and game plans practiced so nothing will go wrong…but it does. The perfect plan, deftly executed, resulting in the desired outcome is, well, boring.  Thankfully, it rarely happens.
Some of the most memorable moments of my life had nothing to do with the “plan”.
So, I have a plan.  Preparations are underway and you’re invited to ride shotgun and keep track of the trip through these posts but you may be called upon to help solve the unexpected and I am sure we will all learn some things along the way.  Are you in?
On the back cover of the book “Bad Trips” MarthaGellhorn wrote, “The only aspect of our travels that is guaranteed to hold an audience is disaster…Nothing is better for self-esteem than survival.”   I don’t expect that much drama.  I hope.
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. The perfect plan, deftly executed, resulting in the desired outcome is, well, boring.

    ReplyDelete

Want to see more? Check out my gallery

InshoreNearshore on Youtube

Kenny Smith | Freelance Photographer

**210-885-4731** captkennysmith@gmail.com

LINKS:

SaltyShores.com

Guides of Texas


All content on this site is protected by copyright. Usage available through license. Contact me for more information.